Happy New Year everyone. This is our first blog post for 2019. We are going to try hard to be more active on social media this year. Speaking of social media …long gone are the days of advertising in local papers and magazines. Let’s face it social media is where it’s at! Look at these staggering stats…
Social media statistics
- For context, as of January 2019, total worldwide population is 7.7 billion
- The internet has 4.2 billion users
- There are 3.397 billion active social media users
- On average, people have 5.54 social media accounts
- The average daily time spent on social is 116 minutes a day
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels
- 81% of all small and medium businesses use some kind of social platform
- Internet users have an average of 7.6 social media accounts
- Social media users grew by 320 million between Sep 2017 and Oct 2018.
- That works out at a new social media user every 10 seconds.
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day